Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
Charlie and Sue

dual pane windows

The weather has cooled down here in western N. Y. so I'm getting ready to install my two windows. I looked at the other windows and have found at least three more that are clouding up also. I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be a constant problem with Hehr windows. This is starting my third set of windows on our unit, all the others have been replaced at least twice. Anyone else had this much trouble with the windows? Do I have any other course of action I could take? Our unit is a 2005 36tk3, #2224
Thanks, Charlie and Sue

Charlie and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
RickandJanice

We have only had just two of ours fail so far. Both were just the crank out portion. The latest was just last week and the glass panes actually separated completely at the seal. Hehr replaced the first one at no charge. Still waiting to here if they will stand behind this one as well or charge for the replacement. Have heard they have quit replacing for free, but that was through people who go through DRV. On this one DRV said they would send a quote if I completed a form they sent. Hehr just asked for the measurements, so I'm trying to deal with Hehr directly before I respond to DRV. Will keep everyone posted.

RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Gemstone

Hope I don't regret this posting .... trouble with dual pane windows is not something we have had any trouble with....but now that I have mentioned it, it will probably bite me in the a$$...kinda like my Harley...I started talking about trading it in on something newer....then it starts acting up....just to get even.

Regards
Gemstone
Old 09-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Cheif 2

I have four in my unit that need replacing. I already have the glass sitting back in Fla. That will be a winter project. Hehr was "kind" enough to give them to me at cost, but I footed the bill for the shipping. It still was expensive. I certanly don't see why the seals should be going bad when they were only 3 years old.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
wingnut60
Site Team

windows

I have replaced 7 of 10 windows--last May--ok so far. But most have settled lower and I will have them reset when go to DRV end of Sept.

Someone has mentioned DRV no longer putting in Hehr windows?

Also, sounds like other brands with double-pane windows also having problems?

Maybe a sealed space between 2 panes of glass doesn't really lend itself to bouncing around in an RV?

Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
BlueSkyRanch

My 2010 does not have Hehr windows and one fogged up last week. I believe it is another supplier issue through out the industry. This will be covered in chapter 6 of my new book.

RV's Made in America
Where did the quality go?

Just kidding.