Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2016, 06:29 PM   #1
Chixter

Hi to all from the NJ Shore

Hello everyone. Glad I found this place, I love internet forums for the knowledge that gets shared. I will preface this by informing the reader(s) we have NO experience in this outside of a rented Class C with friends over 25 yrs ago, 1 trip. Wifey and I are in our late 50's, so far in good health. We are road travelers, that is we love to travel, but hate flying. Our 35 years of marriage has consisted of road trips to hotels. We have been considering changing things up now that we are older, have more time to travel, and more $$ at our disposal. We have considered RV traveling, not f/t but extended trips. My brother owns a Prevost bus, that is absolutely beautiful but...a tad out of our league. Plus, we are the types that once we get to where we are going, we want to explore. I know one can tow a vehicle with a motor home but that idea has been trumped by visiting some shows over the past year and deciding on a 5th wheel/truck combo for our adventures. It seems to fit our needs as we can park-detach-takeoff to explore. Also fits in our budget. We have finally accumulated $100k that we would be willing to spend on a 5th wheel/truck combo, give or take a few thousand. I certainly not opposed to recent pre-owned equipment in great shape, I would actually prefer it, more bang for the buck I believe. Something in the 36' range would be fine based on what we have seen at shows. King bed a must, and of course the most we could get in options in this price range. I would be appreciatively interested in hearing from experienced folks their opinions on what they would look for given our circumstances and budget. Here's to new adventures!
Chixter is offline   Reply With Quote