Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
LJJMB

Comfort Control

Need help ; AC won't go on. The Duo-therm Comfort Control reads FF and then turns quickly to EE after trying to reset the control.
Turned AC off when we moved and turned it back on, NO GO Checked all breakers and fuses
Can't seem to find anything in troubleshooting about the symbols EE

LJJMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:55 AM   #2
RonS

I dont have any answer to your AC problem, but it sounds like your on your way north from Weslaco. Have a safe trip, dont be in a hurry, its still cold here in WI. How are the new injectors working?

06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
jdwilson3

LJJMB, I had the same identical issue last summer.

IF you have 2 AC units and if you are so inclined:

1.Remove the CC unit (Thermostat) and insure the "plug in" cable is secure. The cable between the CC and AC is grey telephone cable with modular plugs (and is also the same stuff to connect the 2 AC units together).
2.Reset the CC unit to see if that worked. or...
3.Go up on the roof and remove the cover from the rear AC unit. Remove the BLACK fan cover, and check the same cables to insure they are secure, and then reset and try the CC unit again. or...
4.Remove the cable that leads to the FRONT AC unit, reset the CC unit again. If that didn't work...
5.Plug the cable in and disconnect the other cable and reset again.

If you have 2 AC units, with the symptoms you describe, one of your AC units has a bad board or the compressor has seized.

If you only have 1 AC, then...you won't get any AC unit the unit is replaced or repaired.

My front AC went bad, and this allowed the rear AC to run because I disconnected the cable to the front AC. Unfortunately, the rear went bad about 10 days later, so we had no AC. You're lucky, ours went out in Virginia and Texas in July.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
Carny Bill

ljbbm

I take it u have injector problems with ur 04? I am mad as H E LL at GM, and have sent them a certified letter of conplain. On the way to FL this year my 04 started smoking just under 100,000 miles. I also have a letter from GM saying they are extending the warranty on the injectors to 200,000. When I got to Tampa I had 100,738 miles, took it in and they refused warranty because it was 738 miles over 100,000 and the 200,000 mile warranty only applies if the injector is physically leaking, which mine is not. I called GM twice and was told they would pay 10% of the $1,100 bill. I will not get another Chevy if they do not cover this.

Just didn't know if u knew the fine print in the 200,00 letter...
Hope u have no more trouble with ur 04....Bill
12 Blue Elite #6296 38RS3
08 chevy C3500
09 yel spyder toad
Carny Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #5
RonS

Bill - Check with another dealer, the 200K warranty per the place I had mine changed (at NO COST to me) said everything on 100K warranty was just moved to 200K. So if it would have been covered prior to 100K its still good untill 200K. They even gave me a car to use while truck was in the shop, and picked it up the next day. I still like my truck. Did not like the feeling when the injectors dumped while in route with TK3, but in the end all was fine. Also check dieselplace.com in the forum, you will get more info on this same injector issue.
06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
Carny Bill

warranty

thanks for the info ron...I will check the forum. Bill
12 Blue Elite #6296 38RS3
08 chevy C3500
09 yel spyder toad
Carny Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
JOHN EVANS

i have a 01 GMC dully the injectors went out at around 85k GM replaced them with Bosh injectors and no problems since i have 149 k on it now and it runs real strong,i get 17 to 18 mpg on the road 11 to 12 towing our rl3 . i keep it around 60 to 65 mph . At every fill up i pour in a qt of Marvel mystery oil, it helps with mpg and does a great job of cleaning injectors

JOHN EVANS is offline   Reply With Quote