Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2021, 08:28 AM   #1
friz

Dometic Penguin II Installation

Just purchased a 2018 Dometic Penguin II 13.5K BTU unit. Model 641915C751J0. Have a few questions about installation.
This unit will go on the bow of our trailer trawler which presently has neither cooling or heating.
I have a 15K Dometic unit, maybe 5 years old on the 5th wheel, 2004 with a analog thermostat. Worked fine last time I turned it on. AC voltage wiring is fairly straight forward. How to hook it up to a thermostat is a little harder.
Will need to buy a thermostat. This is a single zone unit so I believe the Dometic CT thermostat is the one I need? Some thermostats I have found on the internet come with a control box. Some do not. I am hoping that any control box is in the AC unit?
The cable, which I assume is for the thermostat, coming out the bottom of the unit has has 6 leads. Black, White, Red, Red/White and 2 Blue. I believe this unit is cooling only. I can't find a heating coil under the shroud.
I will call Dometic tomorrow (Monday) but for today anyone have any insight into the wiring or hooking it up in general?

Old 09-24-2021, 06:40 AM   #2
Notanlines

Friz, just PM jasin1 on the sister forum www.keystoneforums.com (using your same cred's) and ask him your same question. Tell him I sent you. He's a very sharp guy, an HVAC contractor, and always willing to help. And has two large boats 'on the salt.'

Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:17 AM   #3
friz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanlines View Post
Friz, just PM jasin1 on the sister forum www.keystoneforums.com (using your same cred's) and ask him your same question. Tell him I sent you. He's a very sharp guy, an HVAC contractor, and always willing to help. And has two large boats 'on the salt.'
Thanks! Sounds like the person I should be talking with.