Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
nelsonraymond

Send a message via AIM to nelsonraymond
Poor TV reception on Bedroom TV

Hi
I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with their Tv reception since using converter box for digital? We get 3 channels in Bedroom and 16 in front room. Sometimes non in bedroom. We added that wingard adapter for uhf but that did not help. Is the only solution a new HD TV or is it the way it is wired?
As it is we have two converter boxes, when watching TV with one on you can't watch the other TV at the same time seperately with the other box on. I can put the box on in the living room and transfer the tv to the bedroom but then I can't change the channels in the bedroom. That is why I hooked up the other box on the bedroom TV. Something doesn't seem right that youcan't have both units on seperately?
Can anyone help that has coverter boxes?

Janice

nelsonraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
BobW

If you connected you converter box before the switch box, what you see in the living room should be the same in the bed room. I think you need to change channels via the remote that came with your converter and not the tv.

2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
In a land of the blind, the one eyed guy is king.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
nelsonraymond

Bob
I do use the remotes that came with the converter box to change channels. I have the TV set on 3 and then use the remote that came with the boxes.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:00 AM   #4
keithandpenne

Stacy had posted this link in another discussion on how to hook up digital converters. It may help answer your questions.

"Instructions for connecting a digital converter box can be found on the MS Yahoo site under Files, 3rd item on list. This info is from Winegaard as an Excel file. It allows you to use the converter box to receive digital over-the-air signals, as well as use park cable &/or satellite easily. Newer TV sets that already are digital "ready" don't need a converter box. And, yes, if you have 2 TV's you'll need 2 converter boxes, if the TV's are analog."
2005 36TK3 #1855
2008 F450 CC Lariat
keithandpenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
kmosher6

Splitter

I found a bad splitter between the switch and the bedroom TV. Its behind the TV switch behind all the wires. I also found the connections were not crimped as well as they should have been. I think that should take care of your problem.
kmosher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
nelsonraymond

poor connection

Hi
I tried a new splitter and looked at the connections, no change. Could someone email me the instructions off the yahoo site by opening and pasting it. I cannot open excel right now, (computer problem, our hard drive died and sence the new one was put in I have been having problems with different things, I am bummed) This would really help and I would greatly appreciate it.
naomi1112@msn.com
Janice
Old 05-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
Huck

Send a message via ICQ to Huck
Sounds like you need to put both converter boxes after the wingard selector box. It sounds like you have the one in the livingroom before the wingard selector box. or you wouldn't be able to watch it in the bedroom.
2005 RE3 MS #2163
2006 F-350 CC 4X4
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #8
nelsonraymond

poor reception

Hi Huck
I can watch the TV off the main converter box hooked up to the main TV in the living room by switching it with winegard box. The reason I added the box in the bedroom was to have it independant so I could watch it and change channels from the bedroom. I have the box hook up on the bedroom TV.
The problem is acouple things
When watching TV on the main TV using its converter box I can not watch TV in the bedroom with that converter box, the TV screen is snowy with no reception.
My other problem is I get very few channels in the bedroom with the converter box compared to the living room TV and it's converter box. I have tried rehooking it up lots of different ways and have had no sucess.
Janice