Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Ridge Runner

How to install a bedroom TV

We want to replace the analog bedroom tv with a digital tv. Our camper has the optional entertainment system that came with an analog tv in 2007.. I'm trying to decide whether to use an articulating wall mount for the new tv or some other method. Any suggestions?

Bob

Ridge Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
RonS

We have the wall mount, works great and now more room for stuff.

06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Ridge Runner

Thanks Ron, I appreciate your response. Did you attach your bracket to the wall or to a cabinet? Also, did you have to reinforce the wall or cabinet to make it strong enough to hold the bracket and tv? Any suggestions you may have would be much appreciated.

Bob
Old 09-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
RonS

Bob - It is attached to the wall, just inside of the sliding mirror door. The frame is double their so no its not reinforced. With a hole just above the mount for the wires then another hole in the back of the cabnet (inside the closet) for the connections. We have a 22" HDTV it is an LG brand Flat screen 22LG10. It moved around when traveling so I put a bunge on the mount and hooked it in the corner by the bedroom window. My wife made a insullated pillow case to put around the TV so that it did not mess up the cabnet door. I am happy with this set up. And it freed up a bunch of space for more wife stuff.
This set up came for the factory I only changed the TV as original was not digital and I did not want to mess with another box and remote.
06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
Ridge Runner

Thanks again Ron. The way my unit is set up is the tv is located in the center of the overhead cabinet at the foot of the bed. I am going to try to install the new tv in the same spot. DRV had made a frame to hold the old tv. The frame will not fit the new tv so I decided to buy a Peerless Articulating Wall Mount. I am beginning to have second thoughts and believe I should have bought a tilting wall mount. Regardless of which mount I use, I think I should install a frame in the tv cubby to attach the mount. Otherwise I would have to attach the mount to the side wall of the trailer which I am not sure would be a good idea. The frame I am thinking about building would be attached to the cabinets on both sides of the cubby. The tv (19") and mount are to be delivered tomorrow. We hope to take a trip before long so I need to get the tv installed as soon as possible. We used a digital converter the last trip and it was so much trouble that we barely used the tv (which may be a good thing). Thanks again for your help.

Bob