Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
Lauren

Goodyear Tires

Our 2006 Mobile Suites came with Goodyear G614 tires. I watch tire pressure very carefully - even carry a 120vac compressor.

Near the end of our trip last summer we had a ply separation which also caused a little trailer damage. Goodyear was very prompt in handling this with payment to me for the tire I had to buy (another G614)and the trailer damage. We were on interstate roads.

In that the tires I got were in the tireframe when they briefly had this tire made in China (and brought production back to USA) my tires were USA manufacture.

So I chalked it up to a bad tire. And very pleased with Goodyear in the manner it was handled.

On April 21st we were just 200 miles from home and had another ply separation on one of the G14 tires. Good Same EMS was again doing an excellent job and we made it to our destination for 5 days which was only 40 miles further up the road.

Found a local dealer who got a tire in in a couple of days (G14) and got it mounted on the 5er.

Contacted Goodyear on 4/25, got the claim form on 4/28 and fax'd it back to them with tire receipt and estimate for repairs.

Yesterday, I got the release form to sign to have them send the money.

In that I still had concerns about the other 3 from the original batch I called them yesterday and they have authorized the replacement of the 3 remaining (includes the spare).

I agree that it is unusual for one to have a ply separation on a highly regarded tire, and particularly two.

But, having spent 32 years in corporate marketing, I know "stuff" happens but also learned that it is not how the cart got off the path that a customer remembers, he remembers how you handled it getting it back on the path and on with life.

I applaud Goodyear for their outstanding handling of this.

And also should mention that if you are in the Tucson area, LaMesa RV is an excellent place for any kind of service work - or even a new RV. Ask for Joseph in service; he had done me right on several things.

Be safe - enjoy each day.

2006 Chevy 3LT Dmax (LB3)
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #2
rjohnsonnm

We had a similar situation in Oklahoma. One tire blew out and separated and caused $4400 damage. Goodyear paid the claim within 10 days of my first call and paid for two tires - the one that separated and the other one on the same side since it carried the total left side load for several hundred yards. I put Goodyears on my F350 when it came time to replace them because you are absolutely right about customer service. I became a Goodyear fan because of the way I was treated.

Good Sam ERS was a different story, however. We stopped a hundred yards from an exit in a small Oklahoma town. I could see a tire center a couple blocks down the road. When I called Good Sam ERS they called a tow truck from 80 miles away. I called the towing company and they said it would be 2-3 hours before they could get a truck there. The Oklahoma Highway patrol strongly suggested I not wait that long to get the rig off the interstate (I agreed wholeheartedly) I called Good Sam ERS back and told them I couldn't wait 2-3 hours and the operator was very rude and told me if I called someone myself I would have to pay for it myself. I called the tire center that was a couple blocks away and he had me on my way in about 15 minutes. It took 3 months and multiple letters before Good Sam ERS reimbursed me for the lousy $79. It would have cost them several hundred to send a truck from 80 miles away.Go figure.
2004 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #0925
2011 F-350 Lariat Diesel Longbed
Albuquerque, NM
rjohnsonnm is offline   Reply With Quote