Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
rjttam

Takonsha P3 Brake Controller

Is anyone using the new Tekonsha P3 brake control with electric/hydraulic brakes? If so, how do you like it and have you had any problems worthy of mentioning?

need be.
rjttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
dlott84040

Send a message via MSN to dlott84040
Had one in the F350 when I purchased it used and it didn't do the job with the 04 TK3. Just not enough power to stop the rig. Contacted a good trailer repair business and at their sugestion I purchased and installed the Prodigy. Worked a lot better but still was not up to what I expected. Had the entire rig checked at the same place and they found one broken brake. Had it repaired and what a difference. The inspection was $100 and well worth it. When it comes to stopping this rig I don't do anything myself. Too important. Find a GOOD repair shop for trailer parts and repairs and have them do it all. Buy the best and do your research on you subject before spending the money. Sure is better on my nerves.

dlott84040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:11 PM   #3
47hook

Prodigy= old; P3 new Prodigy. Talked to Kodiak folks and the old style Prodigy will work with 2007 MS hyd/disc brakes. P3 is new version which won't give error msg with some hyd/disc brakes. Have 2K towing experience with old version Prodigy with 0 problems...works great. Check with the OEM to get the true facts...
2013 MS 38RESB3 #6393, modified with ES stuff & Garnet Paint

"The older I get, the better I was!"
47hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
cptxguys

We had the Prodigy controller on our 05 Silverado which we used with our 05 Mobile Suite with electric brakes. It worked well.

When we purchased our 07 Elite Suite with Electric/Hyd Disks, the prodigy controller seemed to 'lag' during braking and didn't provide enough braking power, even with the gain turned completely up to 13 and on boost 3. I could feel the trailer 'push' the truck.

I changed the prodigy controller with a prodigy P3. It was 'plug and play' so it was VERY simple to replace. The wiring harness is the same on the two controllers.

The P3 definately worked much better for us than the prodigy controller with the Elec/Hyd Disks.

Just my personal experience....
2007 Doubltree Elite Suite 36RS3 #3756
cptxguys is offline   Reply With Quote