Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
John Landry

Gas Heating Unit

Has anybody had the cheap heat system installes in their camper. I installed one and looking for some input on how it is working for them. I will put mine to work this winter and will report back. In 2010 the wife and I was camping north of New Orleans and had three electric heaters going and the gas heater. We went through two propane bottles of gas in that week of camping. If this system works as avertised I should save money from future gas purchasing. My camper is a 50 amp service and the new heater system is wired up to 30 amp 240 volt 5000 watt heater coil. If any body is interrested in this system you can go to rvcomfortsystem.com , He also has an installation video, also you can see the video where he was interviewed by the RV Doctor at rvtravel.com

John Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
hitchup

Never knew this even existed. We have the 2 smaller furnaces in our Suite.

Since the winter of 2008, we've been using a 100# bottle and don't go through the propane as fast.

Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
John Landry

You can go to rvcomforttsystems.com and check into this system. Your camper would take two electric coil assy. you remove your existing plynum to your gas heater and install the new plynum. Then reconnect the 4" hose piping and wire it in. With a flip of a switch you can go from gas to electric. Youcan also go to rvtravel.com and look at the rv doctor interviews and see where he interviewed Mr Larry with rv comfort systems ( cheap heat ). If you contact Mr Larry he should be able to get you in touch with a dealer in your erea to get this system installed. I wiil keep every body up to date on my heater system ability to keep my camper warm. I'm not sure how to attach pictures to this fourm. I will try to get some on here soon.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
John Landry

Update

Just to let every body know that I had a camp out Oct. 22 with three of the Grand Kids. The wife and I entertained them for the afternoon and through the night. We had the opertunity to use the new heater and it worked perfect. It only got down to 45 degrees and one thing I noticed that when we where sitting outside under the awning the heater didn't put out any hot gasie fumes from the exaust port. This is some thing I didn't think about when I installed this unit. I will no longer have to worry about not putting any thing close to the outlet port due to the heat coming from it. Hoping to be traveling on the Thankgiving Hoilday's and being able to try it out for a longer time and colder temperture's.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
John Landry

update

I slept in the camper at the house and set the thermostat to 68 degrees. I enjoyed myself in a comfortable camper. It was 36 degrees that night and I stayed in short pants and short sleave shir all night. I sat in all area's of the camper and the temperture was perfict. I felt no cold air next to the rear outer walls like before when I had only my gas unit going. Also the floor was nice and warm from me adding the extra 4'' duct to the tank and water hose area in the basement. I just wanted to let every body know of the test run. Can't wait to take it out for a week trip. Happy Trails
Old 12-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #6
Cheif 2

Did you install the system yourself or have someone do it? Any pics of the install. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
John Landry

Cheif 2

Yes I installed it myself. The only way that happened was due to no one in my area was a dealer and didn't want to become one. I called all the local dealers im my area and they where not interested in it. Mr Larry sold me one unit and I installed it and now I'm a dealer for the Cheap Heat System.Please let me know if I can help in your decision to have one installed. This system works greate and it should save me money from now on. If you want to see some of my pictures of the instalation you can go to irv2 and then go to the 5th wheel section. Then look for the electric heater thread.

Paw John, Happy Trails !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
John Landry

Zen par

The wife and I made a week trip to north of New Orleans and had a great time. We went to two Mardi Gras parades and use our new Cheap Heat System. It worked very good and kept the inside temperature even through out the camper. Every body talks about the noise the gas blower makes. The system kicks on and warms up the inside and then turns off and only comes on for about 1 to 2 min at a time to maintain the set temperature. The blower noise is not load at all. I think hat every body that said the blower motor is to load never heard it with out the gas side in use. I'm thinking that it's the gas side of the system they are hearing. I know that this system is expensive but will pay for it self if you plan on keeping your camper for four to five years. Also you should be able to receive part of your money back on resale of your unit. I,m a very happy camper now during the winter and set the heater at 68 degrees and never have to cover up while inside the camper. Love it!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
John Landry

Just to let every body know that the Cheap Heat System is available to the public. So that means you can purchace it direct and install it yourself.
Check out the rvcomfortsystem.com and see for yourself. It will be a lot cheaper that way.