Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
imouttahere

slideout manually?

I've got an 07 MS 38RL and would like to know if someone can tell me how I could get the slideouts in manually if needed. Would like to be prepared before the eventuality happens.

Gary

imouttahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
netjam

When the door slide on my 07 Elite gave up and trips to a bunch of dealers could not resolve it, I lived with it in for a few months. Eventually one dealer replaced a solinoid (about the 3rd solinoid) and told me to tow it home and try it. It went out OK but would not come in. I got about 8-10 people and we pushed it in, but it wasn't easy. Someone held the switch "IN" and I think the hydraulic system helped a bit. My guess is that the best idea would be to disconnect the ram and have a crew push it in. When travelling you need to wedge a 4 X 4 between the slide and the wall to keep the slide from going out. On mine, the bouncing down the road would jiggle the slide out even with the ram connected. Just hope it never happens......