Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
sprehoda

Bar-B-Q Gas Supply

What do all you Suites owners do for the gas supply for your portable bar-b-ques?

1# bottles are out for me.

I am thinking that the propane is on the street side and you want to grill on the curb side under the awning. Do you run a quick connect gas line under the unit?

Steve Prehoda

sprehoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

I use a regular propane bottle and carry it in the back of the pickup--been using the same refill for over 3 years and not used it up. It has a 'Tankfoot' on it to keep it upright and it clears the pin box ok. It is kind of in the way at times, but not so much that I want to use propane out of the trailer tanks and go thru refilling them any more than absolutely necessary.
And remember, if you tie into the trailer tanks behind the regulator, you can't have a second regulator in the system on the grill...
Joe

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
rotaxman

Gas Line

Steve,

I use the 1 pound bottles they work ok for me. But I do carry a 100 pound bottle during cold weather. I have a quick disconnect plumed in over by the regulator and a 30 foot hose so that I have options for placement of the the bottle.

It works well for me you could just plumb one in the same place and run your hose to anywhere you wanted to use your grill.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750
rotaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
RodeWorthy

Propane line extended to door side for BBQ

I extended the black pipe in the low pressure line (after the regulator) over to the door side. There I have a quick disconnect and a gas shut-off valve. Works great. No more carrying propane bottles in the basement. Never was comfortable with that.

On the BBQ I have a 15 foot hose connected directly to the BBQ. The regulator has been removed. I do get a bit of a yellow flame instead of a blue flame so I will experiment with a different jet and flue setting this summer once I get home. But as is it cooks well enough. My grill, attachments, utensils and hose are stored in a plastic box in the basement just inside the street side hatch.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
rdunk

Somewhat depends on whether you have a multi-burner grill, or a single burner grill, in my opinion. Not Rv'ing now, but were using a single burner Weber "Baby Q for 5 years, and are still using it, at home. The one pound bottles have worked great for us. During that time, I gave consideration (more than once) to getting a larger tank with hoses and connections, as some did. But, I just could never come up with sufficient reason to justify making the change.

The one pounders are just too simple and convenient to use, can be kept/stored about any place, and don't take up much of the "high-value storage space in the 5er - and that in itself is a critical element to consider.

I didn't even consider teeing in to the 5er's in-house line, because that would just be one more area in the 5er for us to just know that a problem (gas leak) could develop.

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
rotaxman

LP

Guess I should have been a little more clear I tapped into the trailer LP system ahead of the regulator so I do not need another regulator if I should decide to run other LP appliances.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry

2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750