Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
dleighw72

The new side bath

For those of you that own or have looked into the new MS sidebath, do you have any pros or cons about it? I really like it but not sure if I will like the smaller island than say the tk3 has, that is a really nice counter top. Are there any things you really like about it or hate about it that you wouldn't mind sharing. thanks

dleighw72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:52 AM   #2
wecandiggett

The one draw back I see is you can not use bathroom with out the slide going out. We use our bath room a lot on trips and get into some parking lots where we can not put out a slide. My wife looked at it and said no way.
The Idea is good but needs some thought.

charter member
wecandiggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #3
DebDav

We bought one sight unseen ( our bad). During construction we found out about the lack of closet space. This would have been a deal breaker.

Overall the trailer is well constructed. We are extremely pleased with the side bath - we also must extend the slide to use the facilities enroute. Also, the side by side laundry is almost 'stick house' like!

I feel that Doubletree should look at using a 38' chassis for future SB units to allow for more closet/storage space.

All other systems and products are standard Mobile Suites quality.
2007 SB3 #3394
2005 F350 DRW
DebDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #4
berghild

Send a message via AIM to berghild
SB3 closet space

we are ordering SB3..i thought it would have more closet space with the washer/dryer closet...have worked out dislike of having to slide out to hit the bathroom quickly So please tell me quick about lack of closet space....why...i need way more than in present unit. I was planning on all in one combo unit and then the extra space beside it for our small freezer or coat hanging.
EDGE CHIP,exhaust brake,ATS tranny, ATS turbo, AFE sir filter
ETC
2008 36TK3 ES3917/no granite
berghild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
RodeWorthy

You seem to be in a very big hurry to buy a unit that you may not know a lot about. Waiting for an '08 model might be the best thing you did if it would give you time to understand fully what you are buying. There are always deals to be made.

The SB3 front wardrobe is reduced in size to the point where clothes cannot be hung on a rod as in the other models. The clothes are hung sideways. The capacity is much less than the TK3 you have seen. This was necessary because the bed was moved forward to make room for the side bath. This in turn required the reduction in the wardrobe space.

You can gain wardrobe space if you decide on the combo W/D. Be aware there are trade-offs there too, i.e. smaller capacity. If you understand that then your W/D choice might be your solution.

The kitchen pantries are reduced in depth as well reducing their capacity.

There is no sliding pocket door between the bed/bath area and kitchen. The "door" between these areas is a folding pleated curtain.

The vanity cabinet with mirror is above the toilet in the bath area. There is a window above the sink. Doubletree installs a folding mirror to be used at the bath area sink.

The concept of the side bath is great but there are trade offs. As long as you understand them it may be just what you want.

You can delete furniture from your order. Doubletree is willing to work with you on some special requests. I suggest you call Doubletree and ask for the Sales Manager to discuss your needs. He can also advise you how many spaces there are available for the 2007 build. You are correct to say 2007 is close to being filled. It may be already.

I have many pictures (mostly "borrowed" from online posters) of the SB3. PM, or better yet, email me if you would like me to send you some.

You scare me a bit It took me two years to figure out my needs and you seem to want to do it in two days. Granted you are more experienced than we are and many people can do that -just not me.

Be careful and good luck with your purchase.

Rodeworthy
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #6
rotaxman

Hurry

Berghild

I tend to agree with Rodeworthy not trying to tell you your business you don't want to find out after you have purchased that you are in something that you really don't like or want.

I've been there and am still there for that matter and it's not a good place to
be once you get there you can't trade out for about 3 to 4 years and get out of it with you skin anyway.

Again not telling you your business just showing you some options,

Good luck with what ever you decide on.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750
rotaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #7
berghild

Send a message via AIM to berghild
thank you sooo much...I thought that the closet looked funny, but like I said that one was not one I stayed in long. at that point I thought we were getting the TK3. The only reason that we are in a hurry is that we know it will be a 2008 but the new price hasn't come out yet so we get the 2007 price sheet.
we have researched until we are cross-eyed. after 30 years of rving and 4 years in the 2002 full timing, we knew what we wanted and didn't want and how much we were willing to pay to get what we wanted.
we have driven all over this country and are spending many months here in vegas and san diego..and we will travel 2000 miles to pick up the rig. but dealers are few and far between. Arizona has pretty much dried up ..plus we ticked them off when they couldn't meet the best deal.
I just thought the TK3 was it and he popped this SB3 on me at the last minute. We have made our deposit as of yesterday and the last little tweaks are driving me nuts...tomorrow we will finish up , but I don't think we will be finishing up with the SB3 that's for sure...you may hear the SHOT HEARD 'ROUND THE WORLD...that'll be us.
these forums are the best sourcew of information...nothing like hearing from those that have been there and done that!
We had narrowed it down to 5 maufacturers and Doubletree is it.
Thank you so much for all your help. if you think of something else let me know!! Cyndy

EDGE CHIP,exhaust brake,ATS tranny, ATS turbo, AFE sir filter
ETC
2008 36TK3 ES3917/no granite
berghild is offline   Reply With Quote