Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
47hook

First experience with DT Customer Service

About a week or so ago, DW and I decided maybe the Advantium Convection Microwave would be a good idea. Our salesman, Michael Crockett at the 5th Wheel Place checked with the factory and they said it was a little too far along in the build process. So, we said that's ok.

We have a generator and W/D in the Alfa we traded in, and were going to have our dealer swap both into the MS. When I dropped off our Alfa a week ago Michael suggested a new W/D instead of swapping. Checked with DW and she said, "good idea", but can we have the type that are 2 seperate units as shown in the brochure. Michael then checked again with the factory (don't remember the rep he talked to) and he said that it's in paint now, but they can bring it back in an put in the "factrory installed" W/D, and by the way, does your customer still want the Advantium? So we said you bet!

So, although the factory said it was too far along for the Advantium swap, they were agreeable after the unit was built to do the swap out along with adding the W/D. I believe that if we had really had our heart set for the Advantium they would have accomodated us. So, I feel that DT has been reasonable and willing to help the customer be satisfied with their new unit, even if the customer took a while to figure out what they wanted

2013 MS 38RESB3 #6393, modified with ES stuff & Garnet Paint

"The older I get, the better I was!"
47hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
JudyGail

Send a message via ICQ to JudyGail
It was our experience when we bought our '06 TK3 our dealer sales rep was not allowed to talk to the factory direct, but had to go through a factory rep. The factory rep very rarely came back with a positive answer.

Every time we've been able to deal with the factory direct, they have always done their best to satisfy the customer's wishes.

We're still very happy with our trailer, even though we are currently living in it at the dealers lot waiting for some parts to come in.

MobileSuites '06 36TK3 #3151
Fulltimer Aug. '06, Hit the Road Sept. '07
JudyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
rdunk

Quote: "It was our experience when we bought our '06 TK3 our dealer sales rep was not allowed to talk to the factory direct, but had to go through a factory rep. The factory rep very rarely came back with a positive answer".
.................................................. ..........
This was not our experience at all, when we ordered in 2005. We requested numerous changes after our order went in, and the Texas area Doubletree factory reps were very helpful in supporting our requests through the dealer. Also, it was the factory rep's demonstration of their extensive knowledge of the Doubletree product (at the local RV shows) that convinced us to buy the Mobile Suites in the first place.

However, having been to several RV shows, I find that many of the people representing dealers, and factories, sometimes don't really have a "clue" regarding the details of products they are trying to represent to potential customers. When that is the case, whether at a show, or at the dealer's facility, it just becomes a negative experience for everyone.

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:29 AM   #4
Mikey

We've had an excellent relationship, both with our salesperson - Darlene - CanAm (London, Ontario) and with Kyle and Dan at the factory.

Whenever we had a question, I'd email Darlene and she would have an answer, usually within 24 hours.

Our MS36TK3 is being built right now! (3812)

Kyle called me on Tuesday - slight problem with one of the modifications we had asked for. While it was somewhat disappointing that we could not get "exactly" what we wanted, Kyle suggested an excellent alternative.

Maureen and I can only hope that the service we receive after delivery will be as good as what we have received so far. We see no reason to worry.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote