Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2020, 03:35 PM   #1
dmorse68

TV Mount in Livingroom

Does anyone know if it's possible to unclip, or unlock the TV mount in the living room? I want to access the back of the TV.

Thanks,
David

Owen 5500 LP Gen
dmorse68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:42 PM   #2
Walt

Usually you lift up the bottom of the tv, pull the bottom towards you and then the top of the tv comes out.

2019 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #396674
2022 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 DRW 4WD
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:49 AM   #3
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorse68 View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to unclip, or unlock the TV mount in the living room? I want to access the back of the TV.

Thanks,
David

Two ways, Walt's suggestion above or add a strap to the bar.

To do the lift up and pull bottom out you need to look first and see if you have "El" brackets screwed to the wall behind the TV. These brackets are supposed to prevent the TV from bouncing up and disconnecting itself. You need to bend those brackets either by forcing the TV up or some other mechanical means. Then you need to bend them back before reinstalling the TV.

If you 'lift up and pull out' be prepared to handle the TV unrestrained, have a blanket on the counter top.

My preferred method is leaving a strap around the retention bar. Pull down on the strap and tilt the TV out from the top, it will stay in the bottom hooks. You can then lift off if need be.

On our trailer I can easily see behind the bedroom TV, check yours. Most likely uses the same bracket. Once you see how it works it is easy to manipulate.

Whichever method you use to remove, setting back in is the same.
With the TV sitting in the bottom J hooks, just rotate the top towards the wall. You may have to be a bit forceful to work agains the lock springs.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:53 PM   #4
OneReallyOldGuy

If you can’t see behind the tv grab your phone, turn on the flash, stick it between the tv and the wall and snap away. You might have to take 20 or so to get a clear view of what the mount looks like but it’s digital, just delete the trash.
Phil
OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:34 PM   #5
CHAPS2018

Mine are friction fit. So I push up on the left side then the right and rock it from side to side and it will release.

As noted above be ready for the tv to be unexpectedly unrestrained. The blanket or towel to catch it is a good idea.
CHAPS2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:34 PM   #6
dmorse68

I had a guy on the suite owners international forum give me the way to do it. There are two pins, or clips, one on either side of the tv, that need to be pressed downward at the same time. It takes two people to do this. Once pressed down, the top of the tv can be pulled out an inch or two, then lifted off its bottom bracket. To place it back, bottom first into the receiver bracket, then push top of tv back towards the wall until it clips back in and the upper pins lock into place. Here’s a picture of one of the side pins. Don’t mind the dust bunnies behind the tv.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B01C42E3-6FA3-4700-8F53-9E387CC608D3.jpeg (22.6 KB, 14 views)
dmorse68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:52 AM   #7
porthole

Don't know if this helps, found these two pictures.

This is the fixed bracket mounted to the wall (complete with screws falling out).

The part on the TV has two horizontal bars, one fixed (lower) one spring loaded.

In the picture with the yellow and blue lines.
The blue line represents the fixed bar on the TV side bracket, it sets in the lower J-hook slots.

The yellow line represents the spring loaded bar on the TV side of the bracket.1Don't know if this helps, found these two pictures.

This is the fixed bracket mounted to the wall (complete with screws falling out).

The part on the TV has two horizontal bars, one fixed (lower) one spring loaded.

In the picture with the yellow and blue lines.
The blue line represents the fixed bar on the TV side bracket, it sets in the lower J-hook slots.

The yellow line represents the spring loaded bar on the TV side of the bracket.

Several ways to release.

Have two people simultaneously pull down on the spring loaded rod ends, if you can get your hands back there. Rotate the top out, lift up off the bracket.

Literally use brute force pushing the TV up. Doing this pushes against the spring and has to be hard enough to bend the L brackets up. Once pushed up rotate the TV out from the bottom and down.

My current preferred method.
I have a piece of 1" webbing looped around the spring loaded rod, long enough that it hangs below the TV. When removing the TV I position the webbing as close to center as possible, pull down and rotate the TV out.
Once back in place I stuff the webbing up on the bracket out of sight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DRV_TV_bracket_1.jpg (403.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DRV_TV_bracket_2.jpg (193.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DRV_TV_bracket_3..jpg (412.3 KB, 1 views)
2020 F-450
Old 06-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #8
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorse68 View Post
Here’s a picture of one of the side pins. Don’t mind the dust bunnies behind the tv.
In this picture posted above you can see the ends of the spring loaded rod (one piece, not two). The arrow is pointing to the end friction caps that keep it in place.
You can also see the L brackets in place. These are to keep the TV from moving up while traveling on our fine roads. The L brackets prevent the spring from compressing and releasing if you hit a big enough bump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DRV_TV_bracket_4.jpg (9.9 KB, 37 views)

2020 F-450