Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2021, 02:56 PM   #1
Chuck A

Solid Steps

Anyone install the 4 step MOR ride or Lippert steps. Have not installed one but seems like a tight fit at the bottom of the screen door and main door. Don't know how yet but I guess you can alter the doors to obtain the clearance. Or how about cutting out the door seal plate and bolting the new step directly to the floor. I thing I will go with Lippert but still doing comparisons.

Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:16 PM   #2
Goober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A View Post
Anyone install the 4 step MOR ride or Lippert steps. Have not installed one but seems like a tight fit at the bottom of the screen door and main door. Don't know how yet but I guess you can alter the doors to obtain the clearance. Or how about cutting out the door seal plate and bolting the new step directly to the floor. I thing I will go with Lippert but still doing comparisons.
It is not my intent to start an argument but you couldn’t pay me to have one of those things. Before you buy it, make sure the DW can handle it comfortably and make sure she’s OK going into the truck stop because you will not be able to get into the coach unless you have about 4-5 feet of side clearance which does not exist in fuel lanes and a lot of other places. Both of these issues were deal killers for us. The minor flex in the OEM step has never been a problem for us.

Old 02-12-2021, 06:49 AM   #3
ford truck guy11

I wouldn't go back to the regular steps. The Morryde strut assist steps ( Step Above) can be lowered and raised with 1 finger...

And as far as the truck stops go, i have NOT had 1 issue at any stop deploying my steps to get into the coach.. Nor have I had an issue at un level campsites..

Others complain that they will put dirt and gravel into your coach when closed... again, for someone who does not have them ,,that would seam to be an issue. Truth is, I keep a hand held Wisk brush that I use when packing up... once the steps are at 1/2 way it takes me a few seconds to give them a good wipe.

The stability they give are fantastic ! ! !

Happy Camping . . . Joe
ford truck guy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:40 AM   #4
Dapperdan

We have two friends that have the MORryde solid steps on their coaches, both LOVE them! We have the electric Step up steps on our Suites but when they start giving us trouble we'll switch to the MORryde steps too. I like how solid they are.

As fa as the issue of getting mud in your trailer I'd simply have a couple of small pieces of 3/8" plywood cut into 4" X 5" and set this down below the legs, problem solved.

Dan
Dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:41 AM   #5
Cummins12V98

I was happy with my OE DRV steps. They got smashed by a light pole. Replaced with Elkhart Industries aluminum tread version. REALLY like them as they are non skid. With 200# on bottom step they only deflect 1/2".

I use my little step when needed.

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 04:13 PM   #6
Sparky242

I installed the Morride steps on my Ceder creek. I didn't have to cut the doors at all but the fit is tight and the steps have to be adjusted just right when you set them up or the doors will not close. I took out the sill plate and mounted them right to the floor. Two down sides to me are monkeying around to get them set up each time and when they are closed you cant just open the door and set something inside with out lowering the steps down, The stability is well worth it to me.
Sparky242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:45 PM   #7
Cummins12V98

I have stepped on some flimsy steps on some RV's and I sure did not like it. That's why I am so happy with what I have.

Old 02-22-2021, 11:03 PM   #8
terry and jo

We cheat, but we stay in one place for months...

Our original OEM DRV steps from 2010.

Still have those, but because we stay long term, we now have these as well.

Those are made with four sections. These stack upon each other, and to prevent slipping, we put brackets on the inside and round steel rods go through those brackets to prevent the sections from moving around. You can see the brackets in the second photo below.

When we do move, the two middle sections are the exact same length as the top and bottom (shortest and longest) sections, so we can put the two middle ones on the top and bottom ones in our Ford Expedition Max to haul them to our next place to live.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #9
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A View Post
If you order the steps, make sure they are for a DRV, When MOR/ryde demo'ed the steps at a rally the version they had would not work with the DRV 3 1/4" wall. And some early versions I saw that were a retro fit really buggered up the door frame and screen door.

To add, when we had a Landmark on order which included the steps as standard (Goshen rally only special) the steps were a problem for my wife. The Landmark has a friction retention door and my was was barely tall enough to reach the door handle, and not strong enough to open the door from the ground. For most that may not be a problem, but we kept the trailer in our driveway and the steps always deployed or stored would be an issue.

Lack of access on travel days was another concern. We have been pretty close to guard rails, curbs etc that the fold out steps would not work for us.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:26 AM   #10
Cummins12V98

Seems with all great ideas comes a set of problems!

Old 02-23-2021, 12:01 PM   #11
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry and jo View Post
Still have those, but because we stay long term, we now have these as well.
Those are made with four sections.
Nice way to stack.

If staying for more then two days I have an "erector' set of steps I use.

I bought a used RV porch landing step assembly at the Elkhart rally to use at a winter location. I made up steel bars and use the steps from the porch kit and assemble as needed. Much deeper tread depth and I use 5 steps so it is easier for those that may have stability issues (wife and senior dog)
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:38 PM   #12
wingnut60
Site Team

Saw an ad somewhere that the Morryde Step Above now has 'flip-over-steps' that will dump dirt/water before you fold them inside.
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:57 PM   #13
jlsr

Have you considered the Torklift Revolution steps ? We got them last fall and they are great ! Lightweight, adjustable , and very sturdy. We really like them.

jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote