Thread: dodge 4500
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
Dustytuu

My DH knows the towing rating I will have to ask him. I don't have the information in front of me.
The rear end and axel is more than the 3500 and maybe more than the 4500. Has 19.5 inch tires, dually of course. We took it in the Rocky Mountains and it handled our 5th wheel just fine. Also has the exhause brake. It is geared different. We have the automatic and also heavy duty tranny. Can't remember the size of Cummins engine but I believe it is same size as a 3500. Came with air ride suspension so it doesn't ride rough.
The demo we bought was at a much lower cost. Had 4500 miles on it and they had to sell it before it reached 5. Got the Laramie Cab. If you are interested I can give you a name of a man that deals in all different brands of demo's. If you send me a message. We bought it from a Dodge dealer in Colorado because the truck still belonged to Dodge corp.
I will have husband get me the information on the tow ratings and etc and I can post them.
Also these don't come with a bed. This one had a bed already installed. Some people put a flat bed, towing bed or pickup bed. The place in Indiana did the bed work.