View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
golf_bears

Electric/Hydraulic Brake Problem with 2008 Ford F450

We are in the final stages of getting quotes for our MSTK3 and new TV Ford F450 and will be ordering soon. Not too long ago there was a post discussing the Ford F450 IBC (Integrated Brake Controller) in use with electric over hydraulic brakes. The problem was that the IBC gave a “false disconnect” problem code. Some time has elapsed since that last post so wondering if any solutions have surfaced.

My questions to those of you who specifically have the 2008 Ford F450 with the Ford IBC and electric over hydraulic brakes:

•Have you personally experienced this problem?

•What have you done if anything to resolve the problem?

•Did you splice in a second brake controller and if so which brand/model number did you use?

•I have heard that some individuals are just ignoring the false error code and continue to have functioning brakes, is this correct?

•Has anyone heard if Ford is working on solving the problem and when will it be in production?

•Do I need to specify any specific options on either the RV and/or the TV to deal with this problem?

•Any other fixes out there that are working safely?

In advance, thanks for all your input and sharing of your experiences and particularly your solutions to the problem.
golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote