Thread: DRV quality?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #19
Pat L.

George D.,
Everyone has given you some good info. Hook has forgotten about Jerry Sharp in Mo. that has a twisted frame and Lippert welded some gusset plates in without trying to take the twist out. I have had axle problems, like 3 sets and still wear the tires. I will have the axles aligned in Tampa, Fl..
While we were at the factory in April of this year we were treated very well. DRV stepped up to the plate and had Herr replace ALL of the windows, Lippert replace the axles again and installed new tires. If I have a problem with my 2010 MS TKSB4 I just call and the factory guides me through the repair or replacement process.
No one is in business to not make a profit and as much as they can. A good profit margin just ensures that they should still be in business when you might need them.
While we were at the factory, my wife the questions of quality control, and here is there answer. Several new people have been brought in to head up that department as DRV has noticed several issues that they wanted to take care of. (Frame Issues): Lippert makes the frames, axles, breaks and many other items. DRV can not make the frames for a reasonable cost nor do they have the space to do so. Auto manufactures don't make all of their parts.
DRV goes the extra mile to help you with issues but with some 7 - 8K units out on the road at this time they can't take care of everyone yesterday. I was very upset that I had to drag my coach 1200 miles to get it worked on but sure was glad that I did. DRV are GREAT people to deal with and you would be WISE to step into the world of ownership as so many of us have.
Life is not perfect but it sure helps to own a DRV product.
The above statements are of my own and not of anyone else.
Pat D. Laurendine
#5401 MS TKSB4
Pat L. is offline   Reply With Quote