Thread: DRV quality?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
BlueSkyRanch

Re: DRV quality?

After owning 4 towables, 1 class C, 1 class A gas and a class A deisel, in 2010 we decided to buy a MS and love it. I have been back to the factory each year for several weeks at a time for repairs. If I wasn't retired I would be very unhappy. But I have the time to wait and have the repairs done right. To date, they have replaced 70% of my windows due to fogging and in August they will replace one for the second time. This issue relates to Herh windows who are suppose to be top of the line. If I were DRV I would be looking for another manufacturer. Much like they did for the window shades. Hydraulics is another issue and this relates to Lippert, another leader in the field. So far they have replaced the landing gears, installed a new, larger manifold and replumbed the system. So far so good.

While many people will say "it's to be expected", I do not. One of the issues with manufacturing RV components is the interaction of human hands vs robots or other methods that produce the same product each time. A good example is we bought a 2010 King Ranch when we bought the MS. It is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Zero, zero defects. This should be the vision for DRV.

My final thought. You will never find a better fifth wheel in the market today. Their follow up customer service is impeccable. Oh, and one other thing. Ask around about certified DRV repair facilities. They vary greatly as well. I recommend Paul Cross, Indiana Interstate, LaGrange, IN and Land Yaughts in Jupiter, FL. Both shops are impeccable facilities. If you want to know about the poor ones, email me and I will talk. LOL

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George D
We have been researching 5th wheels for several years. We had been interested in the Mobile Suite. Recently we have talked to people who own 2010-2012 models and have read a lot on-line. They are supoposed to be the some of the best out there but there seems to be some serious quality/quality control issues on these year Mobile Suites. Can anyone speak to this. What is the problem at the factory and why can't they get their act together? What's going on???
George