View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
terry and jo

Need Insurance Information, Please.

It is now "crunch time". Our Mobile Suites arrived at the dealership yesterday, so we should have it ourselves sometime next week.

What I need now is information regarding insurance that is more specific than what I've read online. I was looking at Miller Insurance (out of Oregon, I think) and an outfit called RV America. RV America is evidently associated with the following insurance companies:

AIG

American Modern

Foremost

GMAC

National Interstate

Progressive.

While I need to remain as objective as possible, I have heard some stories about one or two of the above that were negative. There was also one company that would not insure the truck IF IT WASN'T HOOKED TO THE FIFTH WHEEL.

What I would like is information from as many as possible as to whether the above companies are "reputable" and "full-time RV'er friendly". Any good things to say as well as the bad?

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for a better source?

Of course, we want to be able to insure our Ford F450, the Mobile Suites, and our Ford Explorer at one time, hopefully through the same insurance company. Any advice or ideas from everyone would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote