View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 08:49 PM   #2
CaptainPalapa

I would suggest, based on our experience the last two years, that 2 weeks might not be sufficient. Now, we work on the road, too, that might make a difference. But we prefer to spend a month. Part of that is working, sure. Part of it is taking motorcycle rides (we haul them), and part of it is in the truck. We like to be able to go back to places in the area we like; who knows when we'll be back.

We often stay at my wife's brother's house in FL when we visit. He has water and power, but no sewer for us. Like you're planning, we usually go into the house, or since it's secluded and spacious I go out to pee on a tree! We try really hard NOT to use our black tanks because we would have to take the rig to a dump station. We really love staying, but I can't wait til he gets a sewer hookup for us! In the middle of the night, though, we will use our rig bathrooms, and if it's cold, even more so.

Hope that info helps somewhat or at least offers some insights.
More of what we do can be found in this book on Amazon we released. (Free if you have Kindle Unlimited!)