View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 08:32 PM   #3
Renea

Explanation of issue

Thank you for your reply and no, it is not an aesthetic issue vs functionality but rather a (inability to get what they need for repairs) issue. We had it in for evaluation of some warranty work (shower pan being one) and told them that we were headed on a trip but would bring it in upon return since they had to order parts anyway (we were told only a couple of weeks for that). We headed on our trip and had a big issue (the bottom underbelly panels) fell out while traveling thus dragging all the insulation and wiring with it. This left us without hydraulics and well, stuck. The trip had lasted just a few hours before we lost part of our trailer on the interstate. It took 2 1/2 weeks at a shop where we were sidelined (thinking they could fix the new problems, wrong) before we could get towed the appx 200 miles to the shop where we had planned to go upon return and where it has been for the last 4+ months.
They just got a lot more work to do in addition to their original plans.

They had the shower pan waiting on us but, it turned out to be the wrong size (twice) and the third time is when it was the wrong color. They shipped it back before they were told that the color they needed was no longer available so they get it back and discovered that the panel walls were damaged and would need to be replaced as well. They have been unable to get them in and not even a prospective ship date. It was not that big of a deal while we were waiting on other parts as well but once everything else came in then it was a big deal. I did offer the shop that I would accept any color at this point but all I am told is that they are not stocked and no one is making them (Covid has been a big excuse) thus no prospective ship date.

We have not been sitting and waiting on just the walls but all the rest of the needed parts as well. Everything is there except the walls (been trying to get them all along). Our unit has been uninhabitable as it sat and now we just need these panels or some panels so that we can get our home back.

I posted in hopes to get suggestions of what or how to help with this issue.
Renea is offline   Reply With Quote