View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 06:55 AM   #7
Exposed

I have had two issues with the hydraulic leveling jacks. One is I have lost 2 so far in traveling. For some reason the bolt has backed out and pad fell off. I think since there is an O-ring on the top and bottom of where the pad attaches, the bolt does not get tight enough. The non tightening seat on the O-rings allow for movement since DRV installs the jack at an angle. The pad needs to set flat (most of the time) when jacks are down. The current pad I used Loctite to help keep the bolt from loosening up and seems to be holding now. In building these replacement pads, I am using a steel sleeve to allow the bolt to be tightened up against a hard seat instead of the O-ring. The hole around the sleeve is 1/16" larger which allows the plate to float. The second issue is if you put much load on the factory pads, they will distort since they are pretty thin stamped metal. I replaced with 1/4" plate to ensure it can take any load the RV puts on it. I know a lot of RV'ers have not had issues but I seem to not had that good luck.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote