Thread: New Models
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
Rolling Retreats RV

New Paint

Hello Motor31. I was sad to read your post. I only deal in DRV so I can not compare DRVs quality control to any other brand, however, I have had many other brands on the pre-owned side before we become DRV dealers and there is no comparison in quality. After purchasing a few DRV on the pre-owned side, we could not bring ourselves to sell anything else and would trek across country (New York, Florida, San Fransisco, etc) to pick up Mobile and Elite Suites (repos) instead of just driving 5 hours and picking up SOBs. Hence, why we only deal in DRV.

My suggestion would be to make sure when choosing a dealer, you make sure to find one that cares more about the person purchasing than just the money. We want "our people" as I call them (kinda like my own personal DRV family) to be happy and this is the reason why we take the time to pick up each unit at the factory ourselves. We have the opportunity to do our own full PDI right there in the DRV parking lot. We usually show up on Friday and have the entire weekend to go through the unit. Slade then emails Greg a list of what we want fixed. Monday morning around 6AM our unit goes back in the plant and they get right on it. We are usually leaving the plant by noon on Monday. We have had to stay a few days longer at times. Last time that happened, the guys in the plant noticed an imperfection in the full body paint (the light hit it just right). They pointed it out to Slade and they sent it back to paint and had it fixed. They are great and never act like we are a pain, just always pull it right in and fix everything with a smile. I hear Paul Cross does a good inspection and isn't too far from the plant. I don't know what he charges for his PDI. We charge $0.
Another suggetion if you are buying from another dealer, ask if you can stay there at their place a few days to get a true "live in" experience in the unit before you hit the road. We live on the same property our dealership is on and never mind anyone staying as long as they like. We are making our own private DRV RV park. (we have 2 30x40 cement pads here and are installing a few more that are to the back of our place). If you buy from someone who doesn't have a place for you to stay, at least stay at a park close by so you can find any problems they missed.
Hope this helps.
We wish you a very Blessed Christmas! Alicia <><[