Thread: Hitch
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
ishie

Send a message via Yahoo to ishie
hitch rails and cover

had a problem with my hitch i went to install my rails the other day and im coming up short. with rails and the frame brackets i need 54 3/16" from the back on the bed to the back of the front rail. that would put the rail under my aux tank. the 58058 rails are a 10 bolt design. i can go with rail kit 30124 witch is a 6 bolt design and ill have 52 1/16" inches. thats just enough room to mount the front rail and ill be able to keep my box. the first rail kit when installed would put the king pin 2 5/16" inches ahead of the center line on the axle. the 2nd rail kit would put the pin only 3/4" of an inch in front of the axle. how much difference is that that going to make on the front axle weight. another one is my hitch covers have a hard time looking for the 5th wheel hitch in the back of my truck. I generaly keep it installed since I don't haul much in the bed of my truck. Just hate to see it setting in the weather all the time, fading & starting to rust in places. Just curious as to what others do to protect there hitch with the exception of pulling it out. any help will do. thanks! :oops:
ishie is offline   Reply With Quote