View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 05:21 AM   #28
RodeWorthy

Re: Vents and bees

There was no insulation stuffed into the ABS pipe in the "vents". There was glue on the bottom of the pipes and they were set on the existing insulation. I opened up a small hole in the insulation below the vent nearest the fan and some air can vent there but not the high volume at low pressure from the fan.

The insulation at the curvature of the roof did not slip down. It was just not there. This area is above the top cross member of the walls. Interesting that you, Bob, found the same condition near the clearance lights. If this condition exists around the entire trailer then there is a significant area with zero insulation.

I have flooded my roof with a garden hose and no indication of any leak around these covers. Even the front one where the dealer removed the ABS pipe. They are effective to keep water out. My rig has not seen signifcant snow and I intend to keep it that way.

Bees are another matter. Screen over the ABS insert should take care of that if the problem is severe.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote