Thread: A/C question
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
Motor31

We have the dual AC AC option on our 38' rig. I opted for 2 15000 BTU units with the main (#1) unit a heat pump. I wish I had made both units a heat pump option for the winter time. I'm glad that I got the larger second AC as this is the second time we have had to spend a Summer in Tucson in 108+ degree heat. With both units running the rig is cool. With just the main unit on the rig won't go below 85 degrees. The bedroom is very cool so I have to set the temp to 78 or 79 in there during the day. I don't mind the AC noise so running the bedroom unit is no issue to me. With the Army to teach me about sleep deprivation I learned how to sleep on a cannon and heavy machine gun range (the lack of firing woke me up) so the AC unit is a snap.

I have found that the main unit has a hard time pumping cold air uphill into the bedroom and since the heat pump blower is set at such a low RPM can't reach there very well either. In the winter we use an electric space heater and turn the heat pump down at night.

I will NEVER have a larger rig with a singe AC unit. I spent tway too much time in the desert to be uncomfortably hot in my retirement. When circumstances prevent us from heading the the cooler Northern climates we like in the Winter we'll be cranking the AC up.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote