Thread: Heat Strips?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 09:17 AM   #7
porkchop

I pretty much have to agree with most of what Stanlez has said. We head to south Texas around Nov 1 each year as soon as the corn harvest is done. Stay there until first of March and then Arizona until end of April. Then back home to help with planting.

I personally do not like the noise from the furnace. Sound like you are sitting next to a race car. We do pay for our electricity in Tx and AZ and the cost dif between that and propane varies with the going rates. Some years elect, some years propane is the cheapest. I do not care. My cute little electric heater and fire place are virtually silent. Heater costs $39. How much for cheapheat? Same goes for the heat pump, way too noisy.
It all boils down to if you are staying in the frozen north or not. Then you probably can not get along without the furnace, wheather it's propane or electric. Then you have my sympothy.
I have called home in Feb to remind them that's 100d warmer in TX than NE. Choose what ever suits your travel style, but I can get by on 30A and run my electric heater. How about the cheapheat?

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote