Thread: Heat Strips?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 10:19 PM   #5
stanleyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Another amazing comment. Propane is cheaper for who?
Maybe I'm not a good judge as I go to great lengths to avoid cold weather but I did google it and while there are a lot of variables most sites I looked at agree that given use of the same amount of energy all gas products are cheaper than electric including LPG. That is consistent with what I've know my entire adult life from living in a lot of different homes.

As RVers that is skewered because unless you are on a metered site, which are usually reserved to long term (monthly) sites, our use of electricity is baked into the rate cake and the users of electric heat are subsidized by the users of propane heat. It's also skewered by the high price of propane at RV parks.

So, not that amazing really. My point was that as more and more of these electric heaters and furnaces and fire places come into use park rates are going higher. Electricity is expensive and that cost will be passed on by owners of parks. I'm not suggesting anyone change what they do, just noting it as a general piece of information.