View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 05:41 PM   #15
OneReallyOldGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MilitaryVet View Post
We are at Eglin AFB in Fort Walton Beach Fl
Hey Anthony, thanks for your service. Your new job may be a blessing in disguise. Use those years to research, research, research. I took over a year to finally decide what to buy. Go beyond the floor plan. If you’re going to live in it be sure it’s built to withstand daily use. Some manufacturers will not warranty their units for full time use. There’s a red flag for ya!
Set your truck aside for awhile and start from the beginning. Look at motorhomes, travel trailers and fifth wheels before you count any of them out. And look from the bottom up. The frame, the chassis, the axles, the wall construction, the roof, the slides, the plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems. Go to shows and hang out in them. Imagine life in one. Will it bother you to look at a steering wheel every day? Can my wife and I bathe and get ready every day in this bathroom? Can I store everything I need and can I actually cook all my meals in this kitchen? etc.
Don’t take the dealers word on anything. Pepper us with questions, ask other owners, etc. Go to RV parks and walk around. Ask anyone you see why they bought their rig and what they like about it. We love to talk about our houses on wheels.
One more thing. Don’t exceed any of the manufacturers weight ratings. They are on there for a reason, safe operation of the vehicle.
Phil
OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote