View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 08:40 PM   #1
2MilitaryVet

RV Show Or Dealer

My wife and I both have recently retired from the Air force. We have done a lot of vacations out of the States and now have decided to tour the States full time in a 5th wheel. I already have a Chevy 3500 which we have used to pull our 4 horse gooseneck trailer to state shows and will probably be using it for now.

The reason I am posting is to ask if it would be better to purchase a 5th Wheel Camper from an RV show or from a dealer? We have gone to several RV shows and at our first show we fell in love with the camper that had the living room up front, kitchen in the middle and bedroom in the back. They had a huge discount on it but we were not ready to purchase at that time. We are now ready to purchase and have gone to other shows but have yet found the great deals we found at the first show. We even went to the same show 6 months later and they didn’t even have any we liked as well as no huge discounts.

If a RV show is the place to purchase a camper, which shows are the best? We missed one last weekend in Tampa that we were told was one of the largest. If there is another one that is as good, we would be willing to travel. We were looking at one of the largest campers because we want to be comfortable but we are hearing a lot of people saying we will miss a lot of state parks because our camper will be too big. I know that is true, but if you have any other advice as to counter that it would be great to hear.

Thank you to any of you that have taken the time to read my post and to provide any feedback

Anthony and Renee
2MilitaryVet is offline   Reply With Quote