View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
Nurse2012

Fulltimer looking to upgrade and needing help!

Hi! My husband and I are fulltimers. We will continue to be for the next 1 1/2-2 years while I finish nursing school. After that we will find a house, but will continue to travel a lot and I will use it for travel nursing assigments. Currently have a bunk house style bumper tow and are looking for a fifth wheel. He loves the ones with the big open living rooms, however we really need one that has a second bed/bath room. We have a 6yr. old daughter that stays every other weekend and possibly more frequently in the near future. She needs her own room, but we also need a family area. Now we often do our puzzels and game playing on the floor in the kitchen area. We have found a 2008 Fleetwood that has a nice bedroom for us and for her, as well as a second half bath, but only one slide out in the kitchen/living room area. We have been looking seriously for about two weeks now and haven't found anything that even compares. There are beautifully, well made fifth wheels, that would require her to sleep in the living room, or models with two bedrooms that require the living area to be completely sacrificed. Today we found floor plans for a silverback 35k by cedar creek/forest river. It seems to have both the back bed&bath rooms as well as two slide outs in the living room/kitchen area. They do not seem as sturdy or well made as some of the Jayco models though. So, I appeal to the more seasoned fulltimers. Any recommedations? I know we are asking a lot, and we are willing to compromise, but don't want to, if it does actually exist.
Thank you!
Nurse 2012
Nurse2012 is offline   Reply With Quote