View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #4
Gemstone

Along the same line as line as Carny, I wish I would have eliminated most of the factory items...like that famous B&D Coffee Maker, and the (IMO) worthless central vacuum system. We will have no carpet installed, opting for smaller rugs that can be cleaned without vacating the rig for a day while the wall to wall carpet dries. We would have no crank up antenna installed as we watch no over the air programming, we would have no silly 2' pipe installed in which you are supposed to fit a 10 or 20' sewer hose.
We did provide our own residential queen mattress and Whirlpool washer/dryer and had the dealer install them. But next time, we will provide a lot of our own furniture, and all of the entertainment equipment. We will provide the kitchen sink, and plumbing fixture, and the plumbing fixture for the bath sink. We will have more shelving installed in wasted space areas, like the bottom of the closet, top of the closet, top of the dryer. I might have a 4" schedule 40 pipe installed in some "wasted" space area, so I could store my fishing rods securely.

And, I'd insist on overseeing the entire build process, so I could ensure that no shortcuts would take place that would cause me grief later....like over-torqued screws, hose clamps left off or just not tightened, no screws (only tape) holding the duct work together, entertainment system mis-wired/labled.

Just what I would do, you may have your own ideas.

Regards
Gemstone