View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #28
MarineChief

I know that it is kind of a late reply but figured that some input is better than none. Anyway I've been using Verizon wireless for about two years now. It was a good connection (using Siera Wireless Aircard) for anything I had to do on the net but didn't have the blinding fast speeds of hard wiring. Recently I upgraded to an Audoivox PC7520 card with Verizon's Nationwide Broadband access. This seems to be about five times faster than what I previously had and costs $20/month cheaper than before (paying 60/month now). Thebig reason I went with the wireless card was the overall access available. The only trouble (to date) was in the Black Hills of SD where I needed to go the the Crazy Horse parking lot to get high enough to use the phone OR computer. We find that we "camp" in wooded area frequently (campground hosting for USACE) and a satelite service (no matter whose system) simply would not cut through the clutter of the trees. SO... long story made shorter - the laptop aircard has been a better choice for us.
Dave & Jan
MarineChief is offline   Reply With Quote