Thread: Volvo
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #25
Gben

Lee, you seem to be very misinformed. Dont care really what you or anyone else thinks but will post a couple of FACTS from our use with a USED truck with 500k miles on the clock. FACT: Have about the same invested as a new one ton dually that would be overloaded and not legal to pull my trailer. FACT: While my truck had close to a half million miles on it when i bought it, it came with a 3 year, 300k powertrain warranty, try that with a F350. FACT: Weigh a little over 43,000 loaded and pulled the rockies from the west to Eisenhauer tunnel this fall and topped the tunnel in 9th gear at 53mph, again try that with an F350, FACT: Even more important out of the tunnel, flipped on the jake brake and coasted down into Denver without ever touching the brakes. FACT: rides MUCH better than the old F350. FACT: Can stop anywhere, anytime without worrying if we are going to hit the idiot who pulled out in front of us or the guy stopped for the wreck just over the top of the hill in the rain in the smokies this summer. FACT: in over 30,000 miles have had the clutch adjusted, traded the new caps for new virgins and had the oil and filters changed twice.
Could go on but bottom line this truck and this style works for me
FACT: This kind of truck is not for everyone and if what you are doing works for you, then it works for me and we are both happy. I just hope folks seek the FACTS before making a decision that they will have to try to live with. Is it as handy as driving a pickup solo, no, not quite. Is it possible to get around and sight see, get groceries and in general do daily driving, absolutely it is. It is the same width as a dually but a little longer, we usually park a little farther out in the malls and use two spaces because of the length(farther out we do not worry about door banging our paint). Will it cost more when things do break, ABSOLUTELY IT WILL, to us it is worth it because of the above mentioned facts BUT everyone should make up their own mind what they are comfortable with and what will work for them. I could go on and on but wont, If anyone is interested in answers to specific questions to try and make a decisiion I will gladly visit with them about our experiences. I will just mention that we have 4 over the road trucks that each have well over 1 million miles on them and they are operating daily making a profit for us, therefore we did not worry at all about buying a truck with 500k miles on it. just my 2 cents worth on how it is working for us. Gene
Toad: 2006 Jeep Liberty
Gben is offline   Reply With Quote