View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
Motor31

You can do the same thing with the trailer as you did with the motorhome if you want to. It will mean having to get the smaller tank filled. The mobile truck propane companies normally do not fill the trailer tanks like they do the motorhomes so you end up pulling the tanks and taking them in to fill.

I just use one tank at a time and fill it. The switch WILL move from an empty tank to the full one but it's an internal movement. The switch will not flop over so you have no visual cue. It is possible to run both tanks dry if you are not monitoring them. One thing you can do to keep from running out is to only open the valve on one tank at a time. When that tank runs dry you have no propane and can then switch manually or fill the empty one while still having one tank full to run on in the mean time. That's what I do.

I do monitor the level closely on the tank in use in the real cold part of the winter. I just get a glass of hot water and pour it down the side of the tank. I then run my hand down the tank to feel where the level of liquid propane is. There will be a noticeable spot where the liquid level is cooler than the now warmed side of the tank.

Figure on about a 50+ pound tank when full. You can simply do it yourself or grab a buddy to help out. Most of us RV'ers are willing to help swap a tank if asked. Get a small roller luggage cart to move the tank around when out of the trailer. It helps I know.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote