View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #12
MarineChief

More thoughts on Internet and Fulltiming

I see this thread is still partially active and figured that I would update my connection information.

Although it HAS been several years since this started I see that it suprizingly has merit. First we changed our living conditions in 2008 by exchanging our 5er & MDT for a motorcoach (I hope that doesn't make me a trader). We just could no longer afford to use the MDT as primary transportation when fuel was nearly $5.00/gal (we had passed the Civic along to our daughter - was really too long of a tow with the car added to the trailer).

ANYWAY (or getting to the point) - my latest update is using the Verizon Wireless MiFi2200 card. I am absolutely estactic about the speed this now gives me. Sitting here (have an EXCELLENT signal) I ran a test using TestMySpeed.com and got the following results:
Download 2328Kbps Upload 601Kbps

Pricing is still what is was and hasn't yet gone up (other than tax up/down variations). I've had this service since before limits so I am grandfathered on a TRUELY UNLIMITED amount of data (not the 5gig limits that many have imposed). However, in all honesty I don't often use that much data exchange - I don't usually stream video (only small youtube style bits), haven't downloaded movies or music and genrally use it for blog, forums and emails.

Hope this finds everyone well and enjoying their own RV lifestyle !!!

Formerly had:
2004 39' Teton Freedom Royal
2003 Freightliner SportChassis
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid & Demco SS460 dolly
MarineChief is offline   Reply With Quote