View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 09:41 AM   #20
Exposed

I went out to the shop this morning to evaluate where to place jack stands under the front of the DRV so can take load off the landing jacks. I also decided to do a test on the slide cylinder. I noticed yesterday when retracting the leveling jacks, the slides were already in. By the time I was complete in retracting, the slide had came out almost completely. Thinking about this last night, I came up with this conclusion. When the slide is in, the solenoid valve is closed. So the extend portion of the cylinder is blocked in. Since the retract side is all tied together, if you retract any cylinder (jacks/slides), pressure is applied to the retract side of the hydraulics. Normally, if the solenoid remains closed, no flow is allowed since it is blocked in from the solenoid. However, if any cylinder is allowed pressure to bleed over internally in the cylinder, that pressure will take the path of least resistance and apply pressure to the opposite side of the cylinder until both sides equalize then it will stop moving. So as a test this morning after looking for jack stand placement, I closed off the slide. Then I extended leveling jacks down. Once down, there was no movement of the slide. The solenoid held pressure and did not allow to pass to the slide cylinder. So then, I retracted the leveling jacks, immediately, the slide started to extend. When finished retracting leveling jacks, the slide was already completely extended. From this observation, I feel pretty comfortable that I have a cylinder that is allowing internal bypass of pressure when applied to the cylinder. If someone has another theory, please let me know. At this point, I feel pretty good that my issue here is with the cylinder and not the solenoid coil or valve. If the valve was not completely closing, it would start going out when any button to extend would be pressed.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote