View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
2 DA WDS

So the answer is 'not my problem'

Just for a stab I tried contacting the fine folks at Dometic. You know, the ones that burned my trailer down with their fridge. Oh wait a minute, that wasnt their problem either.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We do not have access to technical information. All service must go through a service center for liability reasons.

If you are in need of any Dometic refrigerator or air conditioner or A& E awning parts you can call us at 1-800-544-4881 or purchase from any dealer or Camping World location.

If we can be of any future service do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for choosing Dometic product lines.

Customer Support Center
Dometic Corporation
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To <CustomerSupportCenter@dometicusa.com>
cc
Subject Re: Weather Pro Awning

So, what you are saying is that with thousands of these awnings out there and with Rv'ers on the Internet saying that they have the same problem. You have NO IDEA what may be causing this problem, NO LIST of items to check?? Just go to a repair person, its not your problem??

------------------------Original Message--------------------------------------

Date: 4/8/2008 9:40:00 AM
To: Tom Brockman
Subject: Re: Weather Pro Awning

With out actually seeing the product, it is very hard for us to determine the cause of failure. We recommend that you take it in to a service center for them for diagnosis & repair. Our Authorized Service Centers are listed on our website at http://www.edometic.com/ or you can search by phone at 1-800-544-4881. We also maintain a dealer listing by state/province at http://www.rv.com/. Click on the "Resources” link at the top of the screen and then click on “RV Dealer Locator" at the left side of the screen. Then enter the country code as USA or CAN for Canada and the appropriate two-letter state/province code and also either a city or zip code if possible. That should present a listing for you.

If you are in need of any Dometic refrigerator or air conditioner or A& E awning parts you can call us at 1-800-544-4881 or purchase from any dealer or Camping World location.

If we can be of any future service do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for choosing Dometic product lines.

Customer Support Center
Dometic Corporation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To <CustomerSupportCenter@DometicUSA.com>
cc
Subject Weather Pro Awning

Last night I extended my awning using the remote. It would unroll about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn and then stop. I would have to push the button again and it would do the same until I got about 1/2 way out then it opened the rest of the way without stopping. Coming in it worked fine. Any thoughts??

Happy Trails
Tom Brockman
'2 DA WDS'
2011 RAM Cummins 3500 Dually
2 DA WDS is offline   Reply With Quote