View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 05:34 PM   #3
OneReallyOldGuy

Freddy gave you great info. We’ve been full timing 4 years. We went the opposite direction. 42 ft. Mobile Suites, bath and a half, washer, dryer, dishwasher, stovetop, oven, king size bed, residential refrigerator. Boondocking is out of the question. National parks are out too. 50 gallon black tank fills up in three days, refrigerator needs juice!
My wife works, I’m retired. COVID was tough, really tough but we made it through still married (40 years) and without killing each other.
Dealer (rv’s for less, great people) tried to talk us out of the 1/2 bath but it’s a must in my opinion. Guests don’t have to go through your bedroom to pee. Likewise when wifey is sleeping and I’m still up watching tv.
Budget is all over the map. Generally a concrete pad with great wifi is way more than gravel with so so wifi which is more than dirt and non existent wifi. Location is also key. 18 miles from the entrance to Yellowstone on a gravel/dirt site is north of 2 grand for 3 weeks. A month at a “luxury” resort in the middle of nowhere Florida is under 900 a month including utilities. Also the longer you stay the less expensive per night.
But wait, there’s more!
I don’t miss having a house at all.
I do miss having a small vehicle when I go downtown in any city, USA.
I could go on but I know you’re bored by now if you made it this far. Have more questions? Post em. This group is relatively small but these guys know their stuff.
Phil
OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote