View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 06:19 PM   #27
stanleyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcfarden View Post
I have a 2012 36 TKSB3 with a leaking front landing gear ram. I ordered and received a new hydraulic ram from Lippert for nearly $500. It looks like I might have enough room to replace from the inside of the basement area. Am I wrong and will I need a hole under the ram to replace it from the bottom side? I sure hope not.
I’m not sure what you got from lippert. If is the whole thing, the square housing and the round internal I guess you will need a welder to cut the old one off and weld the new one in. If you are just getting the internals you will still have to swap them out. I did mine (a 2005) by dropping them out the bottom. Then had the local hydraulic shop rebuild the internals. 125 bucks each. Dropping them out requires a hole deep enough for them to clear the housing. If you are on the truck the easy way is to take the top off a man hole. Pull it over and drop it out. Not a lot to it as I recall. Take the foot off, disconnect the lines and let re drop. Putting the new back in was a chore as I recall but I was 76 at the time and survived. The only other way I could see to do it was have a welder cut the whole leg out and replace the internals on a work bench. I took some pictures. I’ll see if I can find them and post you a couple. Hope this helps.

I just checked my picts. Nothing there of much help. But here is the procedure I used now that my memory is refreshed. Put trailer on truck. Passenger side is easier. Disconnect upper and lower hoses from leg housing. Put leg over hole where you can drop it. Remove the bolt at the top of the leg. It should come right out with a little wiggling. Drivers side is a little harder. You have to remove the red distribution box and the other hose. I had to cut my sheet metal open to get at everything on the drivers side. Then same as above. Also, once you have removed the hoses put some kind of stopper in it and do not push any hydraulic buttons. When you get everything back together run the jacks up and down enough times to get the air out. Then top off fluid.

Well darn it. I just realized Yours is a 2012. I think that has the round legs. Sorry man. I have no idea. I’ll leave this here in case someone with an antique like mine needs it. My bad.
stanleyz is offline   Reply With Quote