View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #45
terry and jo

While not meaning to be disrespectful in any way, after reading through Greg's postings (mostly under only two different threads), I don't fully understand why he would want to go with a "camper" of any kind. One of his post referred to "staying in place" anywhere from a few months to a few years.

If it were only a few months, I could understand, but if there is a consideration for staying for "years", then why not rent apartments? Or, purchase a good "single wide" mobile home?

While SpaceCraft may be building a custom "camper", I would think that the use of a full sized bathtub is going to come at the cost of space elsewhere.

I don't know how much Greg has been researching, but I haven't found him much on the forums. Two threads here on Fifth Wheel Forums and none on SOITC or Escapees. (At least, not under the same user name.)

That doesn't seem to be much in the way of threads originated by him or questions posed within threads started by others. I would think that before ordering any product within the cost range of RV's that one would really be out there in the forums. Now, if he has been reading but not posting, then I guess that would be alright, although it would limit the possibilities of clarifying the comments of others.

But, hey. It's his money.

As for the "R" rating factor, I think I saw somewhere on SpaceCrafts website that their rating was much lower than DRV's rating is. So, if DRV is "making up" their rating, what evidence is there of that?

Just for the sake of curiosity, I have a follow up question regarding the insulation. If I remember correctly, I think I had heard or read that DRV "glued" in the batt insulation in the walls of their units. Does anyone know for sure that what I heard was true?

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote