View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 02:46 PM   #6
JimGnitecki

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchup View Post
Domani was built by Carriage. Some people love their Carriages, but after touring both the Carriage factory on a Monday and DRV on a Tuesday, we were less impressed with Carriage products. This was after July 4, 2008 when they were just putting 2009s into production. We were looking at other options to replace our 2006 Elite Suite.

I don't think they had any in production at the factory, but we did do a walk-through at one of the many RV Shows.

I do remember this original TrailerLife article. For us - as working fulltimers it wasn't right. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be right for you. We ordered a 38' 2009 Mobile Suite a month later.

http://www.trailerlife.com/reviews/t...-domani-df302/
Yes, I did find that Trailer Life article, and also several non-Domani "generic" RV forum threads where the Domani series was discussed. The general consensus I got out of those threads was that the people that own them love them, but that at the same time they do warn other prospective buyers that it may not be enough coach for many fulltimers, as it is only 31 feet long and all the storage cabinetry, while numerous, is on the shallow side, except the basement which is larger than on many 37 to 40 foot 5th wheels, and also accessible from 3 sides unobstructed.

The biggest attraction is also the biggest turnoff to some folks - the European styling, the apparent "airyness" and the "futuristic" overall vibe. But, my wife seems to really like it, and it satisfies the engineer in me with its basic "bones".

And I do have to admit I love the optional "Roman Chariot" wheels and their wide tires. Very racy.

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote