View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #6
Deb 2500

My truck has the wiring in place and has everything except for the holes drilled.

We are researching the slider hitches as well as other types. We have been getting mixed answers on whether we have to get one or not.

I know not to trust RV sale reps as far to them telling you that you, "can tow that easily." But then they would tell someone that a VW bug can tow a 9,000 lb rig as long as they can make a sale.

But according to everything that I have read/researched about my truck is that it can tow a TT that weighs up to 13,000. And a 5th wheel or gooseneck system up to 18,000. That is why I stated up to 15,000 I know to give myself a margin of error. My husband is a direct relative to Tim the tool man. He thinks that guidelines are mere suggestions. That is why I am the driver and it is my truck. I will stay within the guidelines.

My brother had one of the smaller SUVs. The sales guy that sold it to him, told him that his vehicle would have no problems towing it. I tried to tell him that it was too big of a trailer for his vehicle, but what do I know, I am just an older sister that has towed trailers for 1000s of miles. And my bother believed every word of the sales rep. He towed it one trip and sold it immediately. He claims that the trailer was too big for him since he was single. Oh the trailer was too big alright, for him to tow.
Deb 2500 is offline   Reply With Quote