Thread: Water in Fuel
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
caddojay

Funny thing happened to me on the way back home fro Dallas. My water in fuel light came on and coincidentaly, I hit 60K on the speedometer. I looked in the owner's manual and it had a fuel filter replacement at 60K. Well, I crawled under the truck, released some fuel in a can( and all over me), then the light went off for about 20 miles. I took it in to have the filters changed for $139.00 at the dealer in Shreveport, and he said that the light was a coincidence at 60k miles. His explanation was a crock. He says that a lot of fuel is coming off of the Gulf Coast, and is a problem after the hurricanes. He also said that many delivery systems have bad fuel in them, and they are seeing a lot of fuel filter problems. I'm not buying that. Then right after that story, he hands me a brochure stating that Ford has know recommended replacement at intervals of 15K for the 6.0 liter engine. When I asked why the change, he says that the tolerances are much smaller for water in this engine. Any other thoughts?
Texas' oldest and only natural lake
caddojay is offline   Reply With Quote