View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #20
chevman

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop
Yeah, real odd. As luck would have it, several weeks ago our fridge suddenly went to 40d and stayed there. I unhooked the 120v power, the 12v power, the gas and everything I could think of to and reboot it and make it work better. It would not. Finally broke down and called the largest 3 dealers in our area. There are no mobile tecks around at all. The earliest any one could get me in was Oct. 10. Looking at almost 4 weeks at 40d wasn't making me happy. Couldn't keep my ice cream frozen! Beer was warm!.
Then I read the post about shutting it off for 4 days and figured it could not hurt. Put most of what was left in an ice cooler and turned it off.
Saturday I turned it backm on and said a prayer. Don't know for sure if it was the prayer or the 4 days, but it now says 34d and all is well again.
I am convinced that most of what we think are coincidinces probably aren't, but the results are well received anyway. Thanks for the idea!!
I will add here that we have been sitting in the same place since mid April. Maybe things just need shaking up a bit once in a while. Will be leaving here in 30 days to go back to Texas for the winter months. We usually move around every 90 days or so at the most. Don't know if the movement makes a difference. I know out of level will cause problems after a while though. That was not my problem. I have heard of people turning their frig upside down and letting it stay for a day or so to let the amonia move around, but just turning it off is easier. Time will tell. If it quits again I'll repost. No news is good news!

Bill
Gald it worked for you. the story was for both neighbors to go and drive the MH's to shake up the system.

chevman