View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #8
RodeWorthy

Thanks for the info folks. You people are the greatest.

Ponch - In my unit the circuit board cover is gray. The cover indicates there are two fuses behind it, 3A and 6A but I found only one - 5A. It is good. Thanks for pointing it out.

Charlie and Sue - Thanks for the info on the outside temp switch that controls the fan. I tried shorting across the switch to simulate closed circuit and the fans did not run. I have no indication that they ever run. I will try to heat the sensor with hair dryer tomorrow as a test. I like your idea of moving the thermal switch and will do the same after I verify it is working. Yes the tube is hot -but the fins are not. I have to believe those fans should be running.

Mike - I actually referred to both the outside and inside fins. See comment above on the fan control for the outside. For the inside fins, I know the sensor got knocked off during cleaning. I may have repositioned it wrong. I have now placed it so it is next to fin and surrounded by plastic carrier. I think this was/is a lot of my problem. No guarantee the sensor is touching the fin but at least it does not have a piece of plastic in between now. We will see what happens. I was in CW looking at those battery fans two days ago. Wish I had bought a couple. I believe WalMart carries them too. I think you have verified that moving the sensor down will increase the cooling in the lower cabinet. The freezer is working great -presently at -2F. BTW the fans in my unit are slightly higher than half way between the two outside openings.

Mikey - Thanks for the tip on shifting the tray. I am trying that too.

Robert - Good info. Thanks. I located the sensor connector to the thermistor. After my experiment with repositioning the sensor I will pull the sensor if problem persists. Your observation is the same as mine -does the thermistor actually touch the fin? Is it supposed to? I have to believe this is a control issue. The freezer works great -just can't get enough of that cold into bottom cabinet.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote