View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 11:00 PM   #5
RodeWorthy

Robert,
Thanks for the 'promo' of the Brakesmart. I agree that it is highly regarded but I would contest that there is any general concensus in the RV community on this topic. About as much agreement as what is the best tow vehicle. I think the Brakesmart is a great unit. When I first started researching these things the Brakesmart had been pulled off the market. I think it was due to looking for a new manufacturing facility as opposed to any technical problem with the device. Good to know they are back again.

I like that you said the braking was "proportional on the operational basis of the tow vehicle's hydraulic brake pressure." Proportional is a mis-leading term unless it is stated proportional to what. Personally, I like the idea of my brakes acting proportional to how much pressure my foot is experting on the brake pedal and with minimal delay. The Brakesmart should come close to that but I also like the concept of the Jordan if it ever gets back on the market with a unit capbable of being used with hydraulic disc brakes.

There are several others that are interesting including the Hensley TruControl that was designed by the developer of the Brakesmart. I owe it to myself to find out what this guy thought he could do to make a better controller. But who knows, a Brakesmart could be in my future.

The P3 was not my first choice -I had not even researched it. It was just there when I had to move my trailer and had no brakes. That being said, it has provided adequate braking for the limited towing I have done which has not included any signifcant grades or, thank goodness, any panic stops. I am not promoting it or dissing it.

Anyway we need to put the thread back on topic and respond to what issues can be expected when using the Integrated Brake Controlles with our trailer of choice.

Regards,

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote