View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
rdunk

Quote: "I ended up using a P3 controller because I was in a bind and it was available. It is working well enough that I will keep it until I can evaluate other 3rd party controllers"
.................................................. ...............................
Rodeworthy, just save yourself lot of time and unnecessary hassle by going ahead and getting yourself a Brakesmart controller. You can install the Brakesmart upside down and sideways, if you have to. None of this "have it level", or "install it looking forward" mickey mouse stuff. Yep, the Bralkesmart does cost more than most brake controllers, but the Brakesmart is generally accepted (by the RV community) as the best on the market, and ------ the best almost always costs more.

Rodeworthy, in buying the Mobile Suites, you paid a lot more by buying "one of the best", and you got more by doing that. It is the same way with brake controllers. You get more for what you are paying for, with a Brakesmart -----
* works with both hydraulic and electric
* installation not positionally oriented
* max braking on Tow vehicle always = max braking on the 5er
* a real proportional controller, on the operational basis of the tow
vehicle's hydraulic brake pressure
* setting the "gain" simply spreads the "spectrum" on the controller for
0% to 100% braking
* etc. etc. etc.

Yes, I am a little biased, since the Brakesmart is the only controller I have used, other than Ford's Integrated Controller. I have the Brakesmart installed over the Ford controller. Works better than the 05/06 Ford Controller.

I actually chose the Brakesmart because I consider it to have the best design for safely stopping, when we need to stop.

FWIW!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote