Thread: Overnighters
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 01:08 AM   #14
CALinSC

Yermo, CA

Barstow/Calico KOA

One time when going west out of Las Vegas on I-15 I ran over a huge black road gator. Just barely missed it with the truck tires but both right side trailer tires ran over it. The lead tire exploded immediately and the aft tire was flat by the time I got stopped. Our friends were following and completely missed it. I was blinded from it by an 18 wheeler in front of me. It wasn’t until after he swerved to miss it that I saw it….too late.

We used our spare and our friends spare and went on looking for a place to get more tires. Barstow was the first place with a sizeable tire retailer so we stopped there at the KOA for a couple of days. Got some new tires and looked around the local area.

At that time the CG was being worked by local college students. They were very friendly and helpful with everything.

The CG is probably the most disarranged lay-out of any we have stayed at. There was no way they were going to cut down any trees or shrubs when they put in the infrastructure. So, sites were zigzagged and misaligned throughout the CG. But there are still some large ones and the amenities were FHU with CATV just to mention the ones we covet.

The link is active.

http://koa.com/campgrounds/barstow/overview/

Yermo CA5.JPG Yermo CA2.JPG